Saturday 12 May 2012

Large parts engulfed




Large parts engulfed. I am that devastated, I’m leaking.
I cried a wall of water, kilometres wide – it crashed and flooded my body.
An explosion sent flames bursting through my heart, destroying all feeling and sensation.
I consider this has the potential to generate destructive behaviour around my strict epicentre. 
I might issue a warning - death counts.
I evacuated my life, faster than a bullet speeding towards me.
The worst in history, the worst in my history.  
There were several areas affected on my body – my heart and brain, stomach, thighs and waist. The infection just kept spreading.
There is no threat of heartache today.
I want you to send me all your happy photos.
After all, I was smashed and the unstoppable carried me away.
When it struck the 78th time, I once again found myself leaking.
The heart I have learned is never closed for the day.

The aftershock was felt far away.
Here, I felt nothing.
Nothing radiated from my body, through the atmosphere, all the way to the moon.
To minimise the damage, counteract much falling over and tackle this disaster of disasters,
I pulled my strength together and did last year’s tax return.
I got help from family and friends.
Crisis management.
If you are worried about me, don’t.
If you’d like to take me out on a date, call my mobile  and I’ll let you know that I’m ok.
Please bear in mind that The Department of Foreign Affairs is trying to determine the extent of my disrepair and may recommend a holiday to China.

There use to be romance here, when I was tall and strong. When the golden sands of the beach were crowded for the ceremony.
My thoughts are still missing scattered like ashes, all the while they are encouraging survivors to heal their broken hearts.
How could I remain so untouched?
I haven’t been so forlorn since 1989.
Yet as a symbol of hope and defiance I will take a holiday and forget to pack all emotional baggage.
Blood oozes from a scratch on the trunk of my favourite tree.
At least I might establish proper support for real victims.
We must watch video feedback as evidence of the force of the disaster and continue to be rock n rolled by aftershocks, the final number of which is difficult for me to add up.
Like me, you must brace yourself for the possibility that all of this will be reduced to a minute silence.
Alas! Constructions need to be constructed and so muffle the sounds of our tragic mourning.
Until such time as blood growth and rhythm is up by 50%, the Prime Minister is expected to do nothing and the Premier will plant a tree.
We could argue that such a response is the result of an underlying weakness, but it’s really unsafe to understand it too well and so it’s best to generously gloss over the details with a neutral tone of Dulux wash n wear.

These are the days to pour concrete onto your soul and do nothing until such time as the structure is stable.
Then, we, yes you and I, will be a stable disaster accelerating toward standing together as one whoever we are, whatever place we are in    85% power, 65% water a persistent rash on everybody permanently erring on the side of caution nobody smiling anymore.

(F. Bryant & L. Farmer 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment