Friday 6 April 2012

Reading material


I look at the pile of books on my desk today - a slightly odd collection, much as Hiatus is shaping up to be! A showing during rehearsals this past week (Maximised by Chunky Move), made me realise I'd quite entirely forgotten the humour that exists in this performance - a humour that has at times filled me with tearful laughter.

The reading score for a balanced experience:

For inspiration read Pat Farmer's Pole to Pole: One Man, 20 Million Steps
When Pat gets too much (accounts of puss being removed from infected toes is not so inspirational),
Read Lucy Walker's Six for Heaven and feel the LOVE.... "his arm took my arm and I felt it's strength...."
and, for a picture of reality and some food for contemplation, a flip through the Next Wave Magazine!
Repeat as required.


No comments:

Post a Comment