Friday 3 February 2012

Re-thinking a hiatus

The idea for Hiatus was born out of a perceived and possibly very real hiatus I was experiencing in my art making in 2010. 2010 was also a year full of natural disasters. Watching the media report these, I paused wallowing in my hole and tried to feel something for our suffering world. That's correct, I tried to feel something. You'd think I'd have been immediately overwhelmed with empathetic sadness even anger, but no.... I FELT NOTHING. You see, for me, there was an aching gap, a hiatus that I just couldn't seem to bridge in order to identify with or relate to my friends in lands afar. 
The premier of Hiatus in May 2012 is nothing less than a bold, refulgent and POSITIVE gesture toward bridging the gap. 

A hiatus is often but NOT ALWAYS, a sad thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment