Thursday 6 October 2011

Running is...


My best or most efficient running is that inspired by fear. Fear = Fast. 
Running provides a momentary escape from the scary, unanswerable, confronting stuff of this world. Running is liberation of the body and mind, my entire psycho-physical being. The imagination loves a good run. 
Running is a reality check. I cannot deny the actuality of me when my heart is audibly beating, sweat is free flowing and breath is rushing in and out. 
Running is keeping up with a world racing toward its end. 
Running is dancing because gentle and graceful somehow seems insufficient and even irrelevant. 
Running is ritual. How else can chaos be countered? 
Running is because I can. Not everyone can and mostly I forget this. 
Running, running, running. 

Question: Do you run? What is running for you? 






No comments:

Post a Comment