Sunday 11 March 2012

Getting ready

As May approaches days like today make me very nervous. Today as I ran, my legs hurt and my general energy was low. Possibly my liver is still processing alcohol from friends wedding, more likely, I have encountered a plateau in my training. Better now than later I reassure myself.
My whole body feels a weight of worry, a mild underlying anxiety about the enormity of what Hiatus is. And because dwelling in worry is so awfully uncomfortable I am considering ways in which I might effectively lessen (total alleviation seems impossible) this feeling. Essentially I am asking myself, what can I do today to prepare? What does it mean to prepare? Who else might I assist to prepare? Is it possible to prepare too much?
In thinking about preparedness, I leave you with some interesting thoughts on why it is that we don't prepare as much as we might, should or could for natural disasters...

No comments:

Post a Comment